Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Carolina road

Baby doll come lie your head down on daddy shoulder now, and allow your tears to take over...pain isn't for you to hold onto

And just so you know, daddy sure does love you. 

daddy sure does love you

daddy sure does love you

daddy sure does love you

    I'm walking into a low-key bar, asking can I get a shot of whiskey and rum, with the scent of your perfume on my coat, ha-ha the bartender turned around and said: who are you kidding now. Its me your sweet old baby girl. Like, the scent of my cigarettes couldn't cover up, what scent was left on your jacket now.

  So, she winked and turned, and smiled sarcastically and said: who is daddy's little girl now...the sent on your jacket sure as hell ain't mines.

  I never thought once in a blue moon, I would ever catch you here, nor would you be the one to serve me, whisky and rum. Now I guess it's time to call shot-gun... daddy sure does love you. So, I guess I'll order up  one more round of whiskey and rum, before I walk out on you now.

Daddy never thought to do you wrong. But, I shall take all the blame for, the hell I've done to you. So, I won't get that last kiss goodnight, nor a good hug good-bye.

 I want you to always know, daddy always will love you forever...you are these strings to my guitar. So, this is my last goodbye... daddy sure does love you.

daddy sure does love you.
... daddy sure does love you.

 So, I guess I will not be taking you home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Hints of pain and sadness yet strength.

    ReplyDelete