Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Lean on me



Some days I feel like I'm losing it. And in the very back of my mind, I know everything is going just fine. But, that nagging voice utters otherwise. So, I reach out for support, the one I can truly count on, to make sure this voice is correct.


  Today is like no other day, I'm still smiling. But, I know there definitely is a shadow behind me. I chug up the tears because to others it's a sign of weakness.


 Can I walk where there are trees?...I know they can truly ease away my pain.


  Can I reach my hand out? Like to play tug-a-war, only there is no tugging back.

 

  Can you tell me that you will be there any time of day when I really need you? Some can consider this to be selfish. But, in reality we all need that one shoulder to lean on because this pain can become unbearable at times.

 

   So, Can I count on you to be there, when I need someone to lean on?


 I need to feel like the wind can lift me because all the weight has left me. But, do know that both my feet are still on the ground?






 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment