Friday, August 12, 2022

Father - Daughter

 





I’m sick of separation. I want to have that father-daughter bond. But, I’m holding onto memories I just can’t let go of. As they say, the harder they fall, the harder they break, and that is how my heart feels, not knowing who the other half of me is. I want to mend this broken part of mine because growing up without you here twenty-four seven and three hundred and sixty-five days of the year simply breaks my heart. All I get to hear is the sound of your voice. It only gives me a feeling I cannot describe.
One day, I just want to pick up the phone and say "hey Dad." I know that day will come. I just need to take a few steps at a time. Much as silence kills a person, I know it hurts you more knowing your oldest daughter, remains silent when you are around, while nothing can ever replace the past. I just want to build a father-daughter relationship. It just needs to take a few steps at a time. I know that bond will happen, slowly but surely, it will grow through time! Just take it a few steps at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment