Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Inner peace


I tend to hold onto a lot of memories in the past. But, the ones that truly hurt me more, was the one that left a jagged hole in my heart that, was place there by you. And when I shed a tear that leave me to sigh, I really don't want you near my side...all you do is make it even worst. Lately, I have been in constant pain Physically, that its messing with me mentally. But, I have to remain strong so I can continue to move on. Through the years, your heart became like stone, and your eyes have sunken in. And your sclera is darker than before, showing me that its not even you any more. Therefore, it leaves me to question you. But, I won't take answers from the devil. So, I will leave it up to God to deal with you. Now, for many years I have been pushing very hard to, see the universe of independent. But, you want to continue to hold onto me. Like, I am still an infant, or a toddler. So, I am left in confinement from the outside world, watching traffic move freely, even though, there is someone, controlling the speed. But, in my head I am yelling: please set me free. And knowing that no one can hear me. The beginning of my life, may not have been a happy story. But, I came out as a surivior, and I am trying my hardest to break every barrier wall, that you build around me. I have tried showing you multiple times, all the things I can do independently. But, you constantly keep trying, to make me rely on you. I need my freedom, just like a caterpillar needs its wings. So, if there is anyone out there, please know I need to be free. Poetry corner: This poem is written for, people who are struggling for freedom and trying to voice it the best way possible. So, I write in term of "I" so it fits the reader. Note: I can not take credit for this picture. But, I can take credit for this poem. Image may contain: plant, flower, nature and outdoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment