Thursday, August 16, 2018

Scream


Sometimes I want to run and hide--- from the daily struggles that I live with. It's like a no-win situation, and for some, it becomes a verbal war. God, I pray to just build me up and open their eyes wider because they don't really know, how it feels to be me. The beginning of my life could have been hell. But, through the grace of you, God, I am alive and proud. But, it hurts knowing that, I have a challenge that is unbearable at times. But, others don't see it, and it becomes quite frustrating to speak. Especially, around those who really know me. And sometimes I wish they could step out, and try to walk a day in my shoes. But, it's nearly impossible for them to grasp. So, why do I even need to speak, if my communication becomes complicated to them... I need to be heard. Therefore, I struggle with communicating, and I do my best to understand. But, don't get mad at me, when I can not respond to your conversation... you have used words out of my vocabulary. So, that makes your conversation, extremely difficult for me to reply to. Therefore, please don't lose your patience with me, I just need a much clearer understanding. So, please don't scream at me!!!


 Poetry Corner This poem is about me and, my life living with an invisible disability. Yes, I have difficulties with speaking at times. And it becomes extremely frustrating...the words don't come outright.


 Note: These are my words. But, I can not take credit for this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment