Sunday, September 2, 2018

Reaching out


I don't understand why you keep giving me a hard way to go. And it's not like, I asked for a life of broken promises. And you want to keep a tight hold on me. You are truly breaking this soul... it hurts deep. So, I am going to keep reaching out to the universe... I know it hears and see's, what's going on. So, you can say and do, whatever you please. But, God knows what your heart is full of, and the world sees it too. I am done with having to feel like, I need to hide and stay wrapped up in a cocoon for most of my life. And always staying in because of someone else guilt. And I am not the one who is holding onto it. Plus there are many others who have seen and noticed that you are not what, you claim to be. I want my freedom, and it comes in a big package. You will not hinder me for your own satisfaction... will you try to mentally distort my mind, causing my brain to go haywire... I am not going to hold back... I have held on for so long. So it's time for you to let go. I do have the courage to speak and say how I truly feel. But, I won't allow you nor anyone else, to keep me away from reaching my destiny. I had built my path many years ago, and I even place a sign of encouragement, with every road I took, fighting off negative words...you did not want to see me reach. I have learned to keep on pushing because I chose to be somewhere, and that path is slowly approaching. Therefore, when that day arrives, my bags will be packed, and this door will be closed shut... I have ended my battle with you. And finally broke the cord, to my voice of freedom... with my power of strength that once was tried, became stronger and broke down your barrier walls. 


 Poetry corner These are my words. But, I can't take credit for this photo. These are Foxglove flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment